TECHNOLOGY & DESIGN TECHNICIAN
IS THIS YOU? WE’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU!
Do you love computers and get excited about technology solutions, web apps, and software? Do you have graphic design skills and love creating gorgeous graphics?
Do you speak the language of typography, layout and illustration? Are you drawn to exceptionally designed products, websites and graphics?
Do you love making life simpler with technology and can learn and adapt to new systems easily?
If so, then this might be for you!
We’re currently looking for a virtual part-time Technology and Design Technician (20 hours a week) to find and implement new technology solutions for our rapidly growing company, as well as design landing pages and graphics for us.
This position has the possibility of being changed to a full-time role in four months based on performance.
This is a virtual position, so you will need to work from home on your own equipment.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Demonstrated IT skills, web master skills, or CRM skills.
- An online portfolio of both commercial web and commercial graphic designs.
- A computer with mic and camera and Adobe Creative Suite.
- HTML and CSS is a plus.
- An aptitude for communicating complex technology to people who don’t speak that language.
- Experience with creating leadpages or sales pages (We use Leadpages to do this).
- Good knowledge of interactive design process and methodologies.
- An ability to accurately estimate timelines and meet deadlines.
I have to tell you, we have pretty high expectations for you… but I know that if you’re the right fit for this job, that just motivates you to not just meet those expectations, but surpass them.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- You’ll be in charge of helping management solve customer flow issues. How to seamlessly move from sales page, to payment, to thank you pages, to delivery of product and then to an email sequence.
- You’ll be tasked with auditing our current set up and brainstorming solutions to make it faster, better, and easier and then implementing and training the team on how to do their part in maintaining it. (We currently use Leadpages, Sendowl, Paypal and Convertkit).
- You’ll be creating sales pages that really sell then a/b testing them to increase conversions.
- You’ll be brainstorming, envisioning and redesigning our current web site for usability and in alignment with our goals.
- You’ll be working closely with every other team member to solve technology issues of any type and find better solutions going forward.
- You’ll be responsible for training all team members on how to effectively use the tech platforms common in their department in a way that they can then implement what they learn.
- Work with our Social Media Coordinator to provide relevant graphics for social shares.
- Utilize creativity and design to reach people and increase visibility.
- Be responsible for the visual marketing of content, products, and online experiences.
- Think of the best ways to organize projects, processes, files and systems to drive efficiency.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS PAST EXPERIENCE IN…
- Fast paced environments and can adapt as needed.
- Experience working across multiple systems and platforms.
- Experience finding and implementing technology solutions.
- Graphic design, web design, and sales page creation.
YOU’LL KNOW THIS ISNT THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU IF…
- You have your own blog or business and plan to manage this job on the side.
- Don’t have the time or energy to focus for up to 20 hours a week and attend at least two meetings a week.
- You aren’t willing to sign a non-disclosure and non-compete agreement.
- You don’t love technology, computers, web design, and goal setting.
- You can’t get results working independently.
THIS IS TOTALLY THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU IF YOU…
- Have computer skills that make all your friends jealous.
- Could teach your grandmother how to use an iPhone.
- Can adapt quickly and easily.
- Take ownership of your work.
- Do not need to have your hand held.
- Can handle direct feedback without being upset.
- Can stay focused in a fast-paced moving environment.
- Have fantastic attention to detail.
- Have basic grammar and spelling skills (or have an efficient way to overcome a lack of those skills).
- Can adjust their schedule and work outside of the normal 9-5 to accommodate some worktime on evenings and weekends if needed.
- Communicate well, and with most people.
- Make gorgeous commercial designs and graphics.
- Your willing to adapt in your role, try new positions, and evolve your area of responsibilities to meet the companies mission.
WHY THIS JOB COULD CHANGE YOUR LIFE…
- This is a virtual position which means that you’ll have the freedom and flexibility of working at home (or wherever).
- You get the mobility and opportunities of joining a quickly growing, fast-paced company.
- You’ll get paid to work in areas of your passion and strengths.
- You’ll have the ability impact the lives of our readers every day by bringing them solutions to solve their problems and change their lives.
- You’ll have a foundational role in the success of our company as technology is at the core of everything we do.
Sound like you? Let’s get going!