SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
IS THIS YOU? WE’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU!
Do you love all social media and get excited about the connections and possibilities it brings? Do you speak the language of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest?
Do you love trying new strategies to see if they’ll work and adjusting as you go to get the best results?
Are you a stats junkie and love measuring the results of your efforts to see if you’re on track to meet your goals?
If so, then this might be for you!
We’re currently looking for a Virtual Part Time Social Media Coordinator (20 hours a week) to strategize and implement a new social media strategy for our company.
This position has the possibility of being changed to a full-time role in four months based on performance.
This is a virtual position, so you will need to work from home on your own equipment.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- An affinity of the major social media platforms and how they relate to brands.
- A basic understanding of online marketing.
- Familiar with Google Analytics, A/B testing, and how to measure and quantify results.
- Experience managing social media for brands.
- A computer with microphone and video capabilities, printer, and scanner (a smartphone app like cam scanner can be substituted for the scanner).
I have to tell you, we have pretty high expectations for you… but I know that if you’re the right fit for this job, that just motivates you to not just meet those expectations, but surpass them.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- You’ll be in charge of promoting our brand, blog, and products across all social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- You’ll be held responsible for setting out goals, measuring growth, and meeting those goals.
- You’ll create a new strategy for our social growth by researching current effective strategies and then A/B testing them out to improve results and make them better.
- You’ll be tracking results daily to ensure we’re on track to meet our goals and have the ability to adjust.
- You’ll work closely with other team members of different departments to ensure that your social calendar includes all of the various objectives and promotions from each department.
- You’ll be responsible for staying abreast of all current social media news and changes, terms of service changes and new technology that would aid you in your efforts.
- You’ll be responsible for ensuring that every piece of content shared on social media, (including comments and messages) are on brand, quality, and adhere to our messaging.
- You’ll need to attend daily briefings and weekly meetings to report on goals and progress and to coordinate with other team member’s goals.
- You’ll also be in charge of redirecting all Facebook messages to email customer service.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS PAST EXPERIENCE IN…
- Fast paced environments and can adapt as needed.
- Managing social media accounts for a brand or blog.
- Managed projects from start to finish.
- Analyzed results and made changes based on results.
YOU’LL KNOW THIS ISN’T THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU IF…
- You have your own blog or business and plan to manage this job on the side.
- Don’t have the time or energy to focus for at least 20 hours a week and attend at least two meetings a week.
- You aren’t willing to sign a non-disclosure and non-compete agreement.
- You don’t love social media strategy, analytics, and goal setting.
- You can’t get results working independently.
THIS IS TOTALLY THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU IF YOU…
- Are tech savvy.
- Can adapt quickly and easily.
- Take ownership of your work.
- Do not need to have your hand held.
- Can handle direct feedback without being upset.
- Can stay focused in a fast-paced moving environment.
- Can avoid being time sucked into kitten videos and fake news.
- Have fantastic attention to detail
- Have basic grammar and spelling skills (or have an efficient way to overcome a lack of those skills).
- Can adjust their schedule and work outside of the normal 9-5 to accommodate some work time on evenings and weekends if needed. (Likely limited to under an hour and only in a responsive role).
- Communicate well, and with most people.
WHY THIS JOB COULD CHANGE YOUR LIFE…
- This is a virtual position which means that you’ll have the freedom and flexibility of working at home (or wherever).
- You get the mobility and opportunities of joining a quickly growing, fast paced company.
- You’ll get paid to work in areas of your passion and strengths.
- You’ll have the ability impact the lives of our readers every day by bringing them solutions to solve their problems and change their lives.
- You’ll have a foundational role in the success of our company as social media is at the core of everything we do.
Sound like you? Let’s get going!